Board Member Nominations Now Open
Friday, July 7, 2017
We are pleased to begin the nominations process for IONL's Board of Directors. Your participation is important in shaping the future and growth of our organization.
Terms begin January 1, 2018 and you may nominate yourself or others for any open positions. Nominations are due by Friday, July 14.
Download board nomination form
Unless otherwise noted, board positions do not have term limits and are open only to full IONL members in good standing.
For this nomination cycle, we currently have two open seats:
- Region Director 3A
- President-Elect (IONL Board Experience Required)
The President-Elect will serve a one-year term or until a successor is selected. The President-Elect shall:
- Discharge the duties of the President in the event of the latter's absence or disability for any cause whatever;
- Serve as liaison to the Region Presidents;
Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the President, the Board of Directors and/or the Executive Committee;
- Become the President at the close of the term of the President.
Board of Directors' Duties
While specific roles require certain duties that other roles may not require, according to IONL bylaws, the collective Board of Directors shall:
- Meet as needed to carry out the provisions of the Bylaws and Policies and Procedures adopted by the Organization;
- Review and take action on the recommendations of the Executive Committee;
- Review and take action on appointments made by the President;
- Establish policies and procedures for the Board of Directors and the IONL;
- Establish the annual budget;
- Establish study groups, commissions, and/or advisory groups necessary to carry out the purposes and programs of the Organization;
Determine the amount of insurance coverage appropriate for the organization and its personnel and volunteers.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Executive Director Michelle Goldberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.