Important Information on Coronavirus
Monday, March 16, 2020
IONL is committed to providing our members with the appropriate tools and resources to respond to the growing concern regarding coronavirus. Based on what we know today and following the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we are moving forward with all scheduled IONL events. During this time, we encourage members who are uncomfortable attending public events to take advantage of all digital educational offerings such as the IONL Digital Library, live NC-3 Webinars or John K. Coyle’s Leadership Series.
Following are some useful reminders to help reduce your risk:
- Wash your hands – frequently and thoroughly
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Practice good coughing and sneezing etiquette
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Put your used tissue in a waste basket
- If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands
- Avoid touching your face
- Keep your work environment clean, using basic cleaning and disinfecting products when necessary
Application of these basic guidelines are our best line of defense at this time when attending our meetings. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates and additional guidance as necessary.