- Policy & Advocacy
- Career Center
- About Us
Illinois Healthcare Action Coalition
2011, the Illinois Center for Nursing (ICN) with the Illinois
Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (IL DCEO) convened the
Illinois Healthcare Action Coalition. The Illinois Healthcare Action
Coalition (IHAC) is charged with advancing The Future of Nursing:
Campaign for Action ™, a collaboration created by the Robert Wood
Johnson Foundation and the AARP Foundation http://chapionnursing.com.
The campaign for action vision is that all Americans have access to
high quality, patient-centered care in a healthcare system where nurses
contribute as essential partners in achieving success. IONL and
ANA-Illinois have now been added as nursing co-leads of the coalition.
1. Foster a well-educated workforce prepared to meet future healthcare demands
2. Advance inter-professional collaboration across the health spectrum
3. Practice to the full extent of their education and training
4. Strengthen leadership skills at all levels
5. Gather and generate data for program performance measure and outcomes to make informed decisions
Four workgroups have been created to meet the aims of IHAC. These workgroups are: Education; Practice; Leadership and Collaboration. These workgroups will provide reports to the executive council (ICN & DCEO). Each group will have a convener which brings the volunteer participants together and schedules meetings. Each group will elect their own chairperson.
For IHAC’s Organizational Structure, click
Charge of Workgroups & Contact Information