Individuals eligible as full members in the IONL are registered nurses currently in leadership positions in any patient
care provider organizations, faculty positions in health care education agencies and graduate students in health care
leadership and management. Full members shall have full rights including but not limited to attending business and educational meetings, presenting motions, voting and holding office.
Member dues vary according to each members level of income. Members who have an annual income of less than $80,000.00 owe dues of $100.00 per year. Members who have an annual income of more than $80,000.00 owe dues of $200.00 per year.
A full member is a registered nurse who:
- Has responsibility for management and/or leadership of the patient care process, or
Manages financial resources in health care, or
- Manages and directs appropriate allocation and utilization of human resources in healthcare, or
- Provides education and/or consultation to health care providers or consumers of healthcare or nursing students, or
- Provides healthcare in an advanced and/or independent practice role, or
- Designs, conducts, or evaluates research in healthcare, or
- Conducts accreditation/licensing surveys of healthcare institutions, or
- Publishes, edits, or authors for a healthcare publication, or
- Provides leadership in regulatory and other nursing and health care organizations, or
Is past president of IONL, IONE, ICNM or AONE regardless of current work position.
or Download Membership Application
- Former IONL, IONE, and ICNM members who have retired.
- Full members who are unemployed after one membership renewal period. (This member may remain an associate member until re-employed.)
- Associate members may attend business and educational meetings but will not be permitted to vote in the general meetings of the IONL, to vote for officers of the IONL, to chair IONL committees, nor to hold office, but may serve on a committee.
- Dues for associate members will be established as a portion of full member dues.
Graduate Student Membership
Graduate students are encouraged to join IONL at a discounted annual rate of $50.00. Students must meet the following requirements:
Acceptable proof of student status for IONL membership and registration (choose one of the following):
- Full- or part-time masters degree students in nursing administration, nursing/health systems management, health administration, public health, business administration, or health policy.
- Full-time student in a doctoral program. A letter from the Dean of the applicants school of nursing confirming full-time (a minimum of 12 credits) student status is required.
- IONL recognizes a student as someone from an accredited college/university/institution.
- A copy of your University/College/School ID card with valid semester marking
- Registrar/Bursar receipt for current semester registration/charges
- Grade report from current semester
- A letter from University/College/School official verifying student status
Graduate student memberships are available for up to a maximum of 5 years.
Please email, mail or fax proof of student status to:
IONL310 W Lake St, Ste 111Elmhurst, IL 60126Fax: email@example.com
Honorary membership is reserved for distinguished members of the nursing profession who have made significant contribution to IONL.
The person shall be nominated by a full member. This nomination shall consist of a resolution to the Board for review and recommendation.
- A candidate shall be approved by a majority vote of membership present and voting.
- There will be no dues, no voting privileges nor rights to hold office.
*All memberships run on the calendar year.
*Members who join after June 30th owe half of annual dues.
*Membership dues are individual, non-refundable, and non-transferable.