IONL Policy & Advocacy Committee
The IONL Policy & Advocacy agenda is:
- Leverage the power of the IONL membership to raise the voice of nursing leadership in all health related issues in Illinois.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key legislators and utilize data and evidenced-based outcomes to effectively impact health care policy.
- Provide education, resources and tools to enable nurse leaders to serve as effective change agents in influencing health care policy.
IONL believes it is vital to involve nurse leaders across Illinois in these advocacy efforts. The IOM Report for Advancing Nursing recommends all nurses to be involved in shaping health care policy. Illinois legislators want to hear directly from nurse leaders and staff nurses regarding issues that affect patient’s in all health care settings.
IONL will provide all nurses with the knowledge, tools and skills to conduct successful legislative visits and build relationships with our colleagues in the General Assembly.
The Policy & Advocacy committee holds quarterly conference calls. If you would like to become more involved in our advocacy agenda, please email email@example.com.
Current and important items to educate yourself on:
What can you do?
- Regularly visit IONL’s Policy & Advocacy Page for updates
- Join IONL’s Policy & Advocacy Committee and email firstname.lastname@example.org
- IONL is in the process of crafting letters, advocacy alerts and template letters to send to your legislator- stay tuned!
- Visit your legislator!
- Write a letter!
Legislation, Advocacy Alerts, & Resources
IONL Position Statements
Below are IONL position statements on current happenings in the nursing community: