a member of IONL mean to you?
with IONL Past President Trish Anen RN, MBA, NEA-BC
Click on a membership type to learn more,
and check out our full list of membership benefits here.
$200 per calendar year
Individuals eligible as full members in the IONL are registered nurses
currently in leadership positions in any patient
care provider organizations, faculty positions in health care education
agencies and graduate students in health care
leadership and management. Full members shall have full rights
including but not limited to attending business and educational
meetings, presenting motions, voting and holding office.
Member dues are $200.00 per calendar year, January - December. Dues for new members are pro-rated based on when you join.
A full member is a registered nurse who:
- Has responsibility for management and/or leadership of the
patient care process, or
Manages financial resources in health care, or
- Manages and directs appropriate allocation and utilization
of human resources in healthcare, or
- Provides education and/or consultation to health care
providers or consumers of healthcare or nursing students, or
- Provides healthcare in an advanced and/or independent
practice role, or
- Designs, conducts, or evaluates research in healthcare, or
- Conducts accreditation/licensing surveys of healthcare
- Publishes, edits, or authors for a healthcare publication,
- Provides leadership in regulatory and other nursing and
health care organizations, or
Is past president of IONL, IONE, ICNM or AONE regardless
of current work position.
Graduate Student Membership
$50 per calendar year
Graduate students are encouraged to join IONL at a discounted annual
rate of $50.00. Students must meet the following requirements:
- Full- or part-time masters degree students in nursing
administration, nursing/health systems management, health
administration, public health, business administration, or health
- Full-time student in a doctoral program. A letter
from the Dean of the applicants school of nursing confirming full-time
(a minimum of 12 credits) student status is required.
- IONL recognizes a student as someone from an accredited
Acceptable proof of student status for IONL membership and registration
(choose one of the following):
- A copy of your University/College/School ID card with valid
- Registrar/Bursar receipt for current semester
- Grade report from current semester
- A letter from University/College/School official verifying
memberships are available for up to a maximum of 5 years.
Please email, mail or fax proof of student status to:
225 W. Wacker Drive, Suite 650
Chicago, IL 60606
Honorary membership is reserved for distinguished
members of the nursing profession who have made significant
contribution to IONL.
The person shall be nominated by a full member. This
nomination shall consist of a resolution to the Board for review and
- A candidate shall be approved by a majority vote of
membership present and voting.
- There will be no dues, no voting privileges nor rights to
- Former IONL, IONE, and ICNM members who have retired.
- Full members who are unemployed after one membership renewal period. (This member may remain an associate member until re-employed.)
- Associate members may attend business and educational meetings but will not be permitted to vote in the general meetings of the IONL, to vote for officers of the IONL, to chair IONL committees, nor to hold office, but may serve on a committee.
- If you are retired or unemployed after one membership renewal period, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*All memberships run on the calendar year.
*Membership dues are pro-rated based on when you join.
*Membership dues are individual, non-refundable, and non-transferable.
"I am excited to finally be a member; I have so much to learn as a new leader! My nursing career began at Rush University in the Rehabilitation Department, where I was a nursing assistant and staff nurse for about 8 years. I was then offered the interim position of Assistant Unit Director, and being new to the leadership world, was unsure if it was where I wanted my career to go. Having been exposed to IONL by colleagues who are members, I was inspired to continue my leadership role. A leader once told me 'Once you have a taste of leadership, you cannot go back'. It rings true to this day. I realize now more than ever how valuable an IONL membership is to a nursing leader and how it can help open so many more opportunities. I am now continuing my education in graduate school in a Clinical Nurse Leader program at Rush University."
-Raymond Ledda, BSN RN CRRN
Assistant Unit Director Rehab
Rush University Medical Center